I have often blogged about friends, about love, and about 'transcending borders'. Each and every person I know will be categorized into 3 categories. 1: Those you love and care for unconditionally. This list contains an individual's parents, siblings, friends, and possibly relatives. 2:Those who you stay in touch with purposefully - and vice versa. You help these people with the expectation you will be helped in the future. 3: Those you burn ties with they are neither good friends (capable or otherwise), nor will they ever amount to anything worthwhile to be of any help to you in the future.
In the movie 'The International', the protagonist says 'The hardest thing to know is which bridges to burn'. I have found this to be very true in my life. As an individual who loves to make friends and who owes unconditional loyalty to my friends, it becomes even harder to know when to stop investing time and energy into friends completely.
This may sound cold hearted and calculative, but it makes perfect sense to invest your efforts in someone who either falls in category 1, or who falls in category 2. However, as much as I would love to ascertain the future, it is impossible to do so and the challenge then becomes figuring out (or trying to figure out) who falls in the tier 3 level of folks... right?
In the movie 'The International', the protagonist says 'The hardest thing to know is which bridges to burn'. I have found this to be very true in my life. As an individual who loves to make friends and who owes unconditional loyalty to my friends, it becomes even harder to know when to stop investing time and energy into friends completely.
This may sound cold hearted and calculative, but it makes perfect sense to invest your efforts in someone who either falls in category 1, or who falls in category 2. However, as much as I would love to ascertain the future, it is impossible to do so and the challenge then becomes figuring out (or trying to figure out) who falls in the tier 3 level of folks... right?
1 comment:
'The hardest thing to know is which bridges to burn'
If only we knew this, life would have been so simpler, so better :)
Post a Comment