Saturday, December 20, 2008

My belief system in its entirety

My previous blog dealt with certain universal truths which I understand and strictly abide by, to the point of perfection. I am not a perfectionist in the true sense of the word, but I do try to lead life as devoid of hypocrisy as possible. Those aforementioned truths do not constitute my principles alone. To ensure that I internalize these principles, I must produce them on here and hold myself accountable officially:

-Everything happens for a reason and for the best
-Forgive whole heartedly, but never forget what was done; always remember the lesson(s) learned from incidents
-Have an open mind, but a tight character yourself. Do not judge others for what they have done; yet just because someone indulges in something considered 'morally wrong', it does not behoove you to blindly follow their steps.
-As a corollary to the above principle: individuals are good at heart unless proven otherwise and people should always be given a second chance
-My priority of values in order: Parents, Friends, God, Money, Myself, Sibling(s)

I strongly believe that writing these down and making them known to whomsoever chooses to read these makes me, as an individual, publicly accountable. This list, along with the list of truths, in their entirety, constitute my values, beliefs and principles. Once again, I beg the reader to remember my disclaimer and be civil in judging these beliefs. Yet, am I not a better person should I live religiously by my set of claimed values...?

No comments: