People come and go; every individual passes through the phases of childhood and adulthood. Some are remembered, some are not. Yet I believe I have the magic formula to lead the happiest, most fulfilling life possible. I struggled to find words to frame this thought and during a conversation at Happy Hour, a friend of mine eloquently put it in one question: What would you like written in your obituary?
At this point an individual must look back at his/ her life and realize that he/ she must lead the life he/ she would like to be remembered for. That is what must read on the obituary and that is what will lead to the most fulfilling life ever. I do not wish to specify goals for individuals here- that is upto the whims and fancies of each. I do wish to emphasize that the goals set by an individual must reflect what he/ she wishes to be noted for.
At the risk of making this too specific, I shall pick and choose my own case. Anyone who has read my blogs will have, by now, understood that my friends mean the world to me. Yet this is not to say that I have not had bad experiences with finding the true gems of my life. True friends are hard to find and I have been judged and burned several tens of times before I have found someone worth investing the energy in. I do not ever regret anything negative that has happened in my life till date- I have looked back on every single incident and viewed it as an experience and something worth remembering for the lessons learned.
Therein lies to formula to successfully leading a happy life- never regretting anything that has happened and learning, from those experiences, something to grow stronger, to become more intelligent and to develop oneself professionally and personally. When I die, I would like to be remembered as someone who never regretted anything in his life and lived religiously by his principles. That is what constitutes a content life and everyone would like to lead one right?
No comments:
Post a Comment